Kestrel 5400AG Cattle Heat Stress Tracker with LiNK + Vane Mount
- Measures wind speed, temperature, humidity, globe temperature, THI, HLI, AHLU and much more. Over 20 measurements in all!
- Handheld, portable, data logger with customizable heat stress zone settings, graphing and measurement statistics.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
Kestrel 5400AG Cattle Heat Stress Tracker with LiNK + Vane Mount Overview
|Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU)|
|Dew Point Temperature|
|Heat Load Index (HLI)|
|Heat Stress Index|
|Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)|
|Temperature Humidity Index (THI)|
|Thermal Work Limit (TWL)|
|Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT)|
|Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)|
|Wind Speed/Air Speed|
|Tips For Taking Accurate Measurements|
The Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker offers micro-climate measurement and monitoring at the pen or yard location. Contains a built-in Globe Temperature sensor and complete cattle-specific calculations. Measure THI and HLI and track AHLU based on easy-to-input herd and pen parameters. Perform spot checks or mount in place with the included vane mount accessory to track AHLU for months. LiNK capability allows remote access to current and logged data from your iOS or Android mobile device. Mount a mobile data equipped tablet nearby to send mobile alerts even when you’re not on-site. Designed by Kestrel with input from some of the world’s most respected experts in cattle heat stress, the Kestrel 5400 Cattle Heat Stress Tracker is designed to help you MEASURE and MANAGE your herd’s heat stress, ensuring you MAXIMIZE your bottom line.
- Heat Load Index (HLI), Temperature-Humidity Index (THI), Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU), Wet Bulb Globe Temperature (WBGT), heat index, Delta T, temperature, humidity and much more. 21 measurements in all!
- Complete weather station capabilities with a comprehensive suite of weather measurements including wind speed, direction, pressure trend, temperature and humidity.
- Durable, portable, and easy to use data logger with customizable category settings, graphing and measurement statistics.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth LE® provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), dust and waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- Included Kestrel Vane Mount easily attaches to fencing.
- Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
- 5-year warranty.
Visit the Cattle Heat Stress Minisite for a more detailed look at this breakthrough tool.
|Measurements||DROP D2AG $99||5000AG $269||5500AG $319||5400AG $699|
|Heat Stress Index||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Temperature-Humidity Index (THI)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Dew Point Temp.||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Wind Speed/Air Speed||yes||yes||yes|
|Wet Bulb Temp. (Psychrometric)||yes||yes||yes|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)||yes||yes||yes|
|Volume Air Flow||yes||yes|
|Crosswind / Headwind / Tailwind||yes||yes|
|Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temp.||yes|
|Wet Bulb Globe Temp. (WBGT)||yes|
|Heat Load Index (HLI)||yes|
|Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU)||yes|
Engraving Note: Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly, as your engraved product cannot be returned. All sales are final on engraved products. Add 2 business days to all engraving orders.
- Animal Transport
- Cattle Management & Heat Stress
- Farming & Agriculture
- Veterinary Research & Testing
- Backlight - Switchable White/Red
- Battery Life Indicator
- Black Globe Temperature Sensor (1in/2.5cm)
- Data Log Graph View
- Data Logging - Adjustable Interval
- Date & Time
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Integrated Flip Open Impeller Cover
- Intuitive Tactile Up/Down/Enter Keypad
- LiNK Wireless Communication - When Option Selected (Bluetooth low energy)*
- Multilingual Menus (English, French, Spanish, German)
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
* Applies to LiNK models only
- Battery - 1 x AA
- Certificate Of Conformity (Spec Sheet)
- Protective Drawstring Pouch
- Tripod Vane Mount
- Vane Mount Carry Case