Be informed and confident in your safety decision.
Prevent Heat Injuries with the Kestrel Heat Stress Line
Industrial Worker Heat Stress
Don't Guess - Kestrel Makes It Easy to Confirm Safe Working Conditions
Are hot conditions a concern in your workplace? Extreme conditions can cause lost productivity, costly sick time, regulatory violations and legal liability. Ensure OSHA compliance and protect your valuable employees by monitoring environmental conditions with the Kestrel Heat Stress Trackers.
- Identify equipment and machinery that creates localized hot spots.
- Conduct hazard analysis and determine critical control points.
- Know when to trigger heat protection measures to prevent heat illness.
- Upload and retain data to keep OSHA records & documentation to protect your company.
The Kestrel Heat Stress Trackers are a major asset to both the Wilmington Police Department's special operations teams and forensic services unit. They provide quick, clear, and critical weather and WBGT data that protects the safety of our responders by enabling them to do their jobs more effectively in any environmental conditions. They are deployed on all major scenes and incidents, as the protection of our personnel in hazardous conditions is paramount.
Military, Law Enforcement, First Responder Training
Kestrel's military digital HST meters are battle-tested proven performers. Employed by combat weather personnel, snipers and drop zone safety officers for more than a decade, Kestrel meters can be found anywhere that environmental conditions impact operational effectiveness. The HST Heat Stress Tracker is designed to be the best military WBGT monitoring tool available.
- Properly acclimatize soldiers to ensure maximize performance.
- Ensure compliance with command guidelines by setting work/rest intervals, water consumption requirements and exposure limits at specified WBGT levels.
- Prevent heat illness that threatens military personnel and operational success.
I use the Kestrel Heat Stress Tracker not to cancel practice but to allow us to practice safely in the environment.
Athletic Heat Stress
Exertional Heat Stress Injuries are 100% Preventable with the Right Tools
Preventing exertional heat stress in athletics has become an important responsibility of many athletic trainers, coaches and other sports-related healthcare providers. During every athletic endeavor, from little league to professional sports, lives depend on accurate measurement of environmental conditions.
- Properly acclimatize individuals based on on-site data, and protect those individuals from the chance of exertional heat stress and adverse medical conditions.
- Provide documentation of conditions by logging information throughout several practices, games, and events.
- Ensure compliance with your state's heat stress guidlines.
- What is WBGT, and why is it important for my athletic program?
Save Lives and Preserve Worker Health
Farmworkers and other agricultural employees face intense conditions doing physical labor outdoors under the full sun with limited or no shade. Employers can take steps to prevent heat-related illness by monitoring the conditions in the field where workers face risk. By proactively monitoring the environmental parameters, heat stress injury can be avoided while maintaining safe and productive farm operations. With email notifications, farm managers and owners can be easily and instantly alerted to dangerous working conditions.
Working Dog Heat Stress
Whether in the patrol vehicle, the facility kennels, or outdoor training grounds – the Kestrel heat stress line offers protection for working dogs whether on or off duty. Effective and safe K9 operations require close monitoring of the temperature, humidity, and heat stress conditions in the area where the dogs are working or sheltered. DROPs can easily monitor and alert K9 handlers to unsafe conditions allowing officers or staff to respond quickly, ensuring the safety of their dogs.
We keep 8 Buff Orphingtons in a mobile coop on our suburban property. We wanted to ensure they would be warm enough to continue laying over the winter so we constructed a "coop hoop" greenhouse. With a DROP2 Temperature and Humidity logger we are able to confirm that our chickens keep themselves remarkably warm even on sub-freezing days. We also receive alerts on our phones when we need to vent the hoop house to ensure they don't overheat.
Farm Animal Heat Stress
Using accurate, on-site microclimate data for farm management can significantly improve productivity. Environmental conditions can vary widely based on exposure, air flow and soil conditions. Whether you’re measuring heat index in a chicken coop, soil temperature for crops or measuring WBGT in the cockpits of agricultural spray pilots, Kestrel provides a heat stress solution tailored to your needs at an affordable price.
- Select crop locations, monitor barns for ventilation and heat conditions, avoid conditions that can damage crops or stored harvests.
- Conduct irrigation audits.
- Ensure costly fertilizers and sprays are effectively and safely applied.
- Minimize waste and maximize productivity by turning accurate weather knowledge into actionable data.
For more information, visit the Kestrel Livestock Heat Stress page.
The Kestrel 5400 has been tested and utilized by the Korey Stringer Institute in many sport environments over the past year, all with huge success... In all of the circumstances, the incredible portability and ease of use made it a great asset to our staff.
Kestrel & The Korey Stringer Institute
Working Together to Prevent Exertional Heat Stress Injuries and Fatalities
Kestrel and KSI are working together to promote the prevention of sudden death in sport via health and safety initiatives. As key partners, we are committed to ensuring that people know the environmental conditions that impact their health, safety and bottom line. KSI uses Kestrel Heat Stress Trackers to determine environmental conditions during research studies both inside the heat chamber and in field studies. Learn more about the Korey Stringer Institute
Kestrel DROP D2 Data Logger
Kestrel 3000HS Weather Meter
Kestrel 5400HS Weather Meter
Kestrel 5400 Weather Meter with LiNK, Compass, Vane Mount
|Dew Point Temperature||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Wind Speed/Air Speed||✓||✓||✓|
|Wet Bulb Temp||✓||✓|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)||✓||✓|
|Headwind / Tailwind||✓|
|Link Wireless Data||✓||*||✓|
✓ = Standard
* = Optional