Kestrel 3500NV Weather Meter with Night Vision
- Rugged, simple and accurate wind speed, temperature, humidity, and pressure meter.
- Dim red backlight wo'nt reduce night vision when used in the dark plus data hold feature and clock.
- Calculates relative humidity, altitude, barometric pressure, pressure trends, heat index, wind chill, wind speed and more.
Kestrel 3500NV Weather Meter with Night Vision Overview
|Dew Point Temperature|
|Heat Stress Index|
|Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)|
|Wind Speed/Air Speed|
|Tips For Taking Accurate Measurements|
Quickly changing weather conditions require constant, immediate updates. Measure wind speed, temperature, relative humidity, dew point and wet bulb temperature with ONE instrument. Many Kestrel users need to know everything that the weather is doing, but don’t need to log the data. At the press of a button, get all the relevant conditions you need to enable yourself to shift strategies, reduce risk and ensure safety. While the weather can dictate the comfort level of individuals working or playing outside, it plays an even bigger part in many professionals’ jobs. Irrigation professionals use the Kestrel 3500 to ensure they are irrigating efficiently and the water they are dispersing is actually hitting their intended target, and not evaporating or blowing away. On construction sites Kestrel users are preventing plastic shrinkage cracks and curing concrete more effectively with their Kestrel 3500.
Note: The Kestrel 3500NV has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light “bleaches out” the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this “bleaching out”, preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by our 5-year warranty. Innovatively designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.
Engraving Note: Please make sure that everything is spelled correctly, as your engraved product cannot be returned. All sales are final on engraved products. Add 2 business days to all engraving orders.
- Ballistics Environment
- Military Weather & Environmental Monitoring
- 3-Button Control
- Backlight - Night Vision Preserving Light Red
- Data Hold Function
- Date & Time
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Field Humidity Calibration/Correction Routine
- Hard Slip-On Protective Cover
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Battery - 1 x CR2032
- Certificate Of Conformity (Spec Sheet)
- Protective Cover - Hard Slip-on