Kestrel Instruments Support & FAQs
How to set reference altitude(REF ALT) and reference barometric pressure(REF BARO) for my current location?
- Start with a known; either current barometric pressure or current altitude. (NK recommends identifying your current altitude since it is constant.)
- Enter this reference altitude on the barometric pressure screen.
- For K1000-K3500 you would enter this by pressing both outside buttons.
- Take note of the updated barometric pressure that is shown.
- Use this updated barometric pressure as your reference pressure on the altitude screen.
- Now your barometric pressure and altitude are set for your current location/conditions. Important note: If you change altitude the barometric pressure will become inaccurate. If a weather system moves in, the altitude will become inaccurate.
For more info check out our YouTube video on Setting Reference Pressure and Reference Altitude on the Kestrel 4000 series!
Created by Tech Support
Was this article helpful ?