Kestrel 2500NV Pocket Weather Meter with Night Vision
Nature can turn on you at a moment's notice. Predict what's headed your way with the perfect instrument for any outdoor activity.
- Rugged, simple and accurate wind speed, temperature, and pressure meter.
- Dim red backlight won't reduce night vision when used in the dark plus data hold feature and clock.
- Calculates altitude, barometric pressure, pressure trends, wind chill, wind speed and more.
Kestrel 2500NV Pocket Weather Meter with Night Vision Overview
|Wind Speed/Air Speed|
|Tips For Taking Accurate Measurements|
The Kestrel 2500NV takes the great features of the Kestrel 2000 and adds in a pressure sensor. Predict fish and wildlife activity as well as when bad weather is headed your way with the three-hour pressure trend indicator. With its easy-to-use digital pressure altimeter, you have the perfect instrument for any outdoor activity - get conditions in seconds right in the palm of your hand. In addition to predicting weather activity, barometric pressure also influences a bullet’s trajectory, which is why the Kestrel 2500NV is used by shooters and hunters when accuracy is important.
Note: The Kestrel 2500NV has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so it is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light “bleaches out” the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this “bleaching out”, preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are designed & manufactured in the U.S.A and are backed by our 5-year warranty. Innovatively designed for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes. Rugged and durable, Kestrels are drop tested, waterproof and designed to float if dropped in water.
- Military Weather & Environmental Monitoring
- 3-Button Control
- Backlight - Night Vision Preserving Light Red
- Data Hold Function
- Date & Time
- Drop-Tested to MIL-STD-810G
- Hard Slip-On Protective Cover
- High Contrast, Sunlight Readable Monochrome LCD Display
- Minimum/Maximum/Average Reading
- Pressure Sensor
- Temperature Sensor (Patented External Isolated)
- Waterproof to IP67 (3'/1M for 30 minutes)
- Battery - 1 x CR2032
- Certificate Of Conformity (Spec Sheet)
- Protective Cover - Hard Slip-on