Boothwyn, PA - June 25, 2019
THE ALL NEW KESTREL BALLISTICS WEATHER METER WITH HORNADY® 4DOF® SOLVER NOW SHIPPING
The highly anticipated handheld meter for long-range hunters and shooters is now available
BOOTHWYN, PA – June 25, 2019 Kestrel Ballistics, the leading brand in rugged American-built weather meters and long-range shooting accessories, has partnered with Hornady, the premier manufacturer of bullets, ammunition, reloading tools and more, to launch an all new advanced ballistics weather meter for hunters and shooters. The Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with Hornady 4DOF ($499) is now available online and currently shipping to customers.
Combining reliable onsite environmental measurements with precise Hornady 4DOF trajectory solutions – this all-in-one, compact unit is fully functional as a tool for long-range precision shooting. With the full power of the 4DOF ballistic app now integrated in the Kestrel meter, shooters can leave the phone behind and rely on the durable, compact Kestrel unit for the critical target data they need in the field. The built-in Hornady 4DOF Ballistic engine provides trajectory solutions based on projectile Drag Coefficient along with the exact physical modeling of the projectile and its mass and aerodynamic properties. Coupled with features like zero angle and aerodynamic jump, it is ideal for long-range calculations. Accounting for all environmental and ballistic variables that affects bullet trajectory over distance, the Kestrel with integrated 4DOF solver quickly and accurately delivers dead-on aiming solutions for any rifle or round.
- Accurate Environmentals – Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, altitude, and more and automatically updates the shooting solution
- 4DOF Solver & G1/G7 Ballistics Solver – Extensive library of independently tested bullet data
- User-Friendly – Easy operation for outdoor use with large buttons for navigating screens and entering information along with bright, clear backlit display readable in direct sunlight or low light situations
- Rugged, All-Weather Durability -- IP-67 Waterproof, MIL-STD-810 drop-tested, and backed by a 5-Year Warranty
- Long-lasting Power - Powered by 1 AA Lithium battery, expect hundreds of hours of use from a reliable tool that won't quit when you need it most
- Load & Go Convenience – Set up a Gun Profile via the free Kestrel LiNK app, then the Kestrel unit is field-ready allowing users to calculate trajectories under any conditions, even in areas without cellular service
To order and for additional information on the Kestrel 5700 Ballistics Weather Meter with Hornady 4DOF, please visit HornadyKestrel.com.
About Kestrel Ballistics
Kestrel Instruments & Ballistics Meters are designed, built and tested in the USA by parent company, Nielsen-Kellerman. Renowned for their accuracy and reliability, Kestrel meters and data loggers are the preferred tool for environmental monitoring by professionals in firefighting, military, meteorology, athletic heat stress management, and other demanding markets. Employed by thousands of users in hundreds of challenging activities around the world, all Kestrel meters are compact, rugged, IP-67 waterproof, MIL-STD-810G drop-tested and backed by an industry-leading five-year warranty. For more information about Kestrel Ballistics, visit www.kestrelballistics.com
Founded in 1949, Hornady Manufacturing Company is a family owned business headquartered in Grand Island, Nebraska. Proudly manufacturing products that are made in the USA, Hornady Manufacturing is a world leader in bullet, ammunition, reloading tool and accessory design and manufacturer. For more information, visit www.Hornady.com.
Back to Press Releases