AG Livestock DROP Environmental Monitoring Pack
Livestock heat stress can cause serious health issues in your valuable livestock as well as reduced performance and productivity. Stay informed of heat conditions in the barn or during transport with the Kestrel D2AG Livestock Heat Stress Monitor. Multiple built-in environmental measurements mean your DROP D2AG can also be used for many other agricultural applications including hay and feed storage areas and greenhouses.
AG Livestock DROP Environmental Monitoring Pack Overview
About the Kestrel Drop D2AG Livestock Heat Stress Monitor
The Kestrel Drop D2AG Livestock Heat Stress Monitor is a very affordable rugged heat stress monitor that can be used in the barn, during transport, or anywhere livestock are housed. Simply hang in place wherever insight into conditions is needed, and access current conditions and historical readings with your iOS or Android device. Designed by Kestrel with input from some of the world's most respected experts in livestock heat stress, the Kestrel DROP D2AG Livestock Heat Stress Monitor is designed to help you MEASURE and MANAGE your animals’ heat stress, ensuring you MAXIMIZE your bottom line.
- Direct readout of Temperature Humidity Index (THI) – a dairy cattle specific measurement that provides guidance for when heat stress will start to reduce milk production.
- Also measures heat stress index, temperature, humidity and dew point for application to many types of livestock and agricultural applications.
- The EASIEST and most accurate way to monitor and track environmental measurements critical to agriculture in almost any farm, home or transport location – wet or dry, indoors or out.
- Easily hangs inside a barn, transport vehicle or wherever livestock are housed.
- Horse shippers - monitor trailer temperatures and heat index from inside your truck! Know when to find shade or take a break to water your horses.
- View data wirelessly via Bluetooth® low energy on your iOS phone or tablet with the free Kestrel LiNK app when within wireless range (up to 100’ or more line of sight.)
- Store thousands of data points and get months of logging on a single coin-cell battery - customize logging rate, connections and alerts.
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), dust and waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards).
- 5-year warranty.
Visit the Cattle Heat Stress Minisite for a more detailed look at this breakthrough tool.
Use a DROP Anywhere livestock are housed- Small, Accurate, Rugged and Waterproof
Each DROP measures just 1 x 1.8 x 2.4 inches (24 x 46 mm x 60 mm) and weighs just 1.2 ounces (34 grams). DROP loggers meet military and international standards for water, dust and shock resistance (IP-67 and MIL-STD-810G) and are conveniently equipped with a sturdy d-ring for hanging wherever needed.
DROPs Are Powered by the Kestrel LiNK App
Kestrel LiNK is the free app that powers the DROP loggers. With Kestrel LiNK on your smart phone or tablet, you can view real-time readings from any DROP logger within wireless range (up to 100’ or more line of sight) via Bluetooth® low energy. Each phone or tablet can connect to up to 8 DROP loggers at the same time and store data logs from many more. Min/Max/Average readings are clearly displayed and the data log is viewable as a scrolling graph with detailed data for each logged point. The Kestrel LiNK app also allows adjustment of the logging interval and other settings as well as real-time threshold alerts. Readings can be updated as frequently as every 2 seconds and logging time and date are automatically updated whenever connected to your smart device. You can also send and share real-time and logged environmental data via email, Facebook or Twitter
- iOS 6 installed iPhone 4s, iPad 3rd Generation, iPod Touch 5th Generation and above.
- Android 4.3 and higher. Works with most Android devices with Bluetooth® low energy, including Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, Motorola Droid and other recent generation phones and tablets.
American-Made Quality and a Five-Year Warranty
Every Kestrel environmental instrument is designed and built entirely in the USA. Kestrel’s history and focus on quality and ruggedness is reflected in the DROP’s industry-leading five-year warranty. Kestrel has been building rugged environmental instruments that help people do their jobs more safely and efficiently for more than fifteen years and has built a reputation for reliability one meter at a time.
Compare All Livestock and Agriculture Models
|Measurements||DROP D2AG $99||5000AG $269||5500AG $319||5400AG $699|
|Heat Stress Index||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Temperature-Humidity Index (THI)||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Dew Point Temp.||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Wind Speed/Air Speed||yes||yes||yes|
|Wet Bulb Temp. (Psychrometric)||yes||yes||yes|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)||yes||yes||yes|
|Volume Air Flow||yes||yes|
|Crosswind / Headwind / Tailwind||yes||yes|
|Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temp.||yes|
|Wet Bulb Globe Temp. (WBGT)||yes|
|Heat Load Index (HLI)||yes|
|Accumulated Heat Load Units (AHLU)||yes|
Which Kestrel DROP is right for me?
|MEASUREMENTS||DROP D1||DROP D2||DROP D2HS||DROP D2AG||DROP D3||DROP D3FW|
|Dew Point Temp.||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Heat Stress Index||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Station Pressure (Absolute Pressure)||✔||✔|
|Temperature Humidity Index (THI)||✔|
|Wet Bulb Temperature (Psychrometric)||✔|
|Color Available||Red, Blue, Tan||Red, Blue, Tan||Orange||Hi-Viz Green||Red, Blue, Tan||Orange|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|