Applied Ballistics Profile Loader
The Applied Ballistics Profile Loader has been created by our partners at Applied Ballistics to easily create, transfer, and store bullet/gun profiles. Profiles can be created on a PC through the application or directly on the Kestrel and transferred via the software.
The Profile Loader contains a database of hundreds of Bryan Litz developed Custom Drag Curves that can be leveraged by the customer (Note: Custom Drag Curves are not available on the Kestrel Sportsman). By using these custom drag curves instead of the G1 or G7 ballistic coefficients, greater accuracy can be achieved at farther distances.
The Profile Loader will work with both the Kestrel 4 Series and Kestrel 5 Series Ballistics Weather Meters. (Note: K5 Series units must use the USB Data Transfer Cable).
- Build, store and transfer custom gun/bullet profiles.
- Comprehensive Applied Ballistics bullet library provides G1/G7 ballistic coefficients, weight, diameter and length data for over 500 bullets.
- Applied Ballistics Custom Drag Models on our Kestrel Elite Meters provide exact drag profiles for supersonic, transonic and subsonic bullet flight for maximum accuracy at extreme long range.
Note:Kestrel 4 Series units must have firmware version 4.93 installed in order to use the Profile Loader.
- Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics with LiNK
- Kestrel Elite Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics with LiNK
- Kestrel Sportsman Ballistics Weather Meter
- Kestrel 4500 Shooter's Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics
K5 series: USB Data Transfer Cable ONLY