Nielsen-Kellerman is seeking Light Electronics Assembler
Job Title: Light Electronics Assembler
Position ID: N/A
Position Reports to: Production Operations
Direct Reports: Individual Contributor
Work Location: Boothwyn, PA
Work Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
EEOC Code: 7720
To apply for this position or any other position offered, please complete the NK Careers Application Form.
Nielsen-Kellerman (NK) is known worldwide for its waterproof speed measurement, timing, and audio systems for competitive rowers and paddlers, used by virtually every school and club program throughout the world from novices to Olympic medal winners. NK's Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are portable weather instruments used by firefighters, military personnel, farmers, hikers, meteorologists, sports teams, and thousands of other people who need to know the conditions where they work or play. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative, and sales processes.
NK's facility (manufacturing plant and offices) is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia. NK's work environment is informal and high-energy (and dog-friendly), and our employees' quality of life is important to us. We truly live the meaning of that "Teamwork" rowing poster found on the walls of so many businesses. Come try out for our team (no erg testing required).
NK is in need of Light Electronics Assembler. This person will be responsible for assembling electronic components, subassemblies, or products utilizing soldering and hand tools as necessary. Accuracy and speed are critical attributes. This is "at-will" employment, salary and bonus compensation eligible.
- Performs any combination of tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, or products.
- Follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, epoxy bonds, press fits, or performs similar operations to join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Cleans and organizes work area.
- May perform on-line go-not-go 6S testing and inspection, using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time and may change limited notice.
- Commute to the NK office in Boothwyn, PA.
Education, Experience and Abilities
- Maintain a personal commitment to quality, productivity, safety and attendance.
- Apply fine motor skills to follow demonstrated steps.
- Ability to sit and work at a work bench for extended periods of time.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance as a team member.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members.
- Desire to consistently contribute to production goals.
- Willingness to cross train and learn in the different production areas.
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing is a plus, but not required.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Action oriented / Results Driven.
- Organizational Skills.
- Hand / eye and fine motor skills.
- Maintains a focus on safety practices at all times.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment Physical Demands
In an office environment / equipment plus field events including but not limited to: sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The production work schedule is based on four ten-hour shift schedule.
Our success is built on a Skills Matrix and a team effort of combining the talents of many people who work together to manufacture consumer electronics for monitoring sports performance and environmental conditions. We recognize this and in return we strive to offer you an environment of personal satisfaction and professional growth.
Hourly Pay Rate
Rate of pay is skills based. The NK Production Skills Based pay scale starts at $10.50 per hour for unexperienced worker.
No business travel is required.
After meeting the benefit waiting period, NK Offers competitive life, disability, medical, dental, vision, 401k / Roth employer match and voluntary benefits including Voluntary life and Critical Care insurances for employee, spouse, child(ren), FSA Dependent care, and Pet Insurance. Also included are paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual’s age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected category.
The NK office is "dog friendly".