Nielsen-Kellerman is seeking an IT Systems Administrator
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Position ID: N/A
Position Reports to: Systems Manager
Direct Reports: Individual Contributor
Work Location: Boothwyn, PA
Work Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
EEOC Code: 1105
To apply for this position or any other position offered, please complete the NK Careers Application Form.
Nielsen-Kellerman (NK) is known worldwide for its waterproof speed measurement, timing, and audio systems for competitive rowers and paddlers, used by virtually every school and club program throughout the world from novices to Olympic medal winners. NK's Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are portable weather instruments used by firefighters, military personnel, farmers, hikers, meteorologists, sports teams, and thousands of other people who need to know the conditions where they work or play. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative, and sales processes.
NK's facility (manufacturing plant and offices) is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia. NK's work environment is informal and high-energy (and dog-friendly), and our employees' quality of life is important to us. We truly live the meaning of that "Teamwork" rowing poster found on the walls of so many businesses. Come try out for our team (no erg testing required).
Under the guidance of the IT Systems Manager, the IT Systems Administrator will maintain, upgrade and provide support for company software, hardware, and networks. The Systems Administrator needs to be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and be consistently available to respond to help desk requests during company hours, with some after hours on-call responsibilities. The individual should be able easily to communicate technical concerns and solutions to many different people with varying degrees of technical knowledge as well as work with individuals in all departments to help solve their technical issues. The Systems Administrator is also responsible for maintaining our system infrastructure, including managing firewalls, testing computer equipment, backing up databases, installing and updating malware software, installing and rebuilding existing servers as well as other processes. This is at-will employment.
- Manage and support all company laptops, and desktops (majority Windows, some iOS).
- Provide basic server level / Domain level support.
- Daily management of network firewall, switches, and peripheral devices.
- Provide application support for Microsoft applications and Sage ERP 100 software, and other corporate applications.
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues that may arise.
- Perform basic MS SQL database maintenance tasks.
- Monitor the system daily and respond quickly to any security breaches or usability concerns.
- Manage backup systems and verify that backups have been completed.
- Regularly upgrade systems as needed.
- Self-initiate IT projects that will improve productivity of the company.
Personal Qualities for Success in this Job
- Priority for success in this job will be a willingness and ability to learn new things. We expect the successful candidate to take the initiative, ask questions, research independently, and retain new information.
- Ability to work independently is desirable, good judgement is critical.
- Working collaboratively / well with others is critical.
- This position requires excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization abilities.
Education, Experience and Abilities
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical support or systems maintenance role.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- 2-year Associates Degree or 4-Year Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Relevant technical certifications a plus.
- Understand the TCP/IP protocols and be able to manage and configure cisco routers and switches.
- Knowledge of managing a Domain utilizing Windows Servers.
- Familiarity with Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Knowledge of virtual and cloud computing, specifically VMware.
- Ability to research, plan, and execute IT infrastructure projects on time.
- Desire to proactively learn new technologies that will enhance the productivity of the company.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment Physical Demands
Climate-controlled indoor manufacturing plant and offices. May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday. Some flexibility to set 40-hour schedule between 8:00 and 6:00.
Most training is on-the-job, additional formal training as appropriate.
Hourly Pay Rate
$45,000 to $55,000 annually depending upon prior experience and demonstrated skills. Annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
No business travel is required. 100% in NK's plant in Boothwyn, PA. Reliable transportation required.
- Fully paid employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Voluntary benefits include family medical, life insurance, critical care insurance, FSA dependent care and pet insurance.
- HSA with employer contribution.
- 401k with employer match to 5%.
- 9 paid holidays and flexible PTO.
- All benefits are subject to a benefit waiting period of approximately 90 days.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual's age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected category.
The NK office is "dog friendly".