Nielsen-Kellerman is seeking a Facility and Machine Maintenance Supervisor
Job Title: Facility and Machine Maintenance Supervisor
Position ID: N/A
Position Reports to: Operations Director
Direct Reports: Individual Contributor
Work Location: Boothwyn, PA
Work Type: Full Time, Non-Exempt
EEOC Code: 0410
To apply for this position or any other position offered, please complete the NK Careers Application Form.
Nielsen-Kellerman (NK) is known worldwide for its waterproof speed measurement, timing, and audio systems for competitive rowers and paddlers, used by virtually every school and club program throughout the world from novices to Olympic medal winners. NK's Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are portable weather instruments used by firefighters, military personnel, farmers, hikers, meteorologists, sports teams, and thousands of other people who need to know the conditions where they work or play. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative, and sales processes.
NK's facility (manufacturing plant and offices) is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia. NK's work environment is informal and high-energy (and dog-friendly), and our employees' quality of life is important to us. We truly live the meaning of that "Teamwork" rowing poster found on the walls of so many businesses. Come try out for our team (no erg testing required).
The Facility (65%) & Machinery (35%) Maintenance Supervisor will provide support in meeting safety goals as well as managing the facility / building and property needs. The Supervisor will work closely with manufacturing and engineering regarding setup, maintenance upkeep, machine repair, scheduled downtime, preventative maintenance, and maintaining schedules. This is at-will employment.
- Maintain all areas: safe, clean and well-organized. This includes but not limited to paint, carpentry and masonry work interior & exterior surfaces in offices, walkways, warehouse, windows, doors & walls, structures, and equipment. Direct contractors as needed for appearance and healthiness of exterior lawn and landscaping areas.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance, minor plumbing maintenance, minor HVAC system maintenance including filters, cleaning and programming and maintenance of air lines and compressors.
- Manage trash removal contractors to ensure all trash is remove from the building.
- Mange building security including responding to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
- Order or purchase and stock facility supplies (water, soda, cleaning products, toilet paper, paper towels, coffee, creamer, kitchen products and condiments etc.).
- Review facilities expenses and contracts, including utilities costs. Investigate cost-savings opportunities and solicit bids and quotes from vendors as needed.
- Clean and set-up training / conference rooms and events per room configurations and meeting schedules. Reconfigure and install modular offices for departmental and employee moves.
- Manage climate control for main office building; oversee the scheduling of regular heating and cooling maintenance on system.
- On a regular schedule, inspect buildings and equipment to confirm functioning and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Document SOP's for all regularly required facilities maintenance activities such that these activities could be adequately performed by another employee in the event maintenance supervisor is unavailable.
- Maintain building and equipment plans, documentation, records and files with maintenance records including repairs and work done by outside contractors.
- Recommend upgrade systems as needed and initiate projects that will improve productivity of the company
Personal Qualities for Success in this Job
- A focus on customer service and desire to meet both employee and business needs is priority.
- Priority for success in this job will be a willingness and ability to learn new things. We expect the successful candidate to take the initiative, ask questions, research independently, and retain new information.
- Ability to work independently is desirable, good judgement is critical.
- Working collaboratively / well with others is critical.
- This position requires excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization abilities.
Education, Experience and Abilities
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a light manufacturing machine shop environment.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a facilities maintenance role.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in electrical, plumbing, and minor HVAC maintenance.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Relevant technical certifications a plus.
- Computer skills including MS Office required.
- Ability to research, plan, and execute IT infrastructure projects on time.
- Desire to proactively learn new technologies that will enhance the productivity of the company.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment Physical Demands
Climate-controlled indoor manufacturing plant and offices. May be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb or balance. Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Hours of Work/Work Location
Monday to Friday. Some flexibility to set 40-hour schedule between 8:00 and 6:00. No business travel is required. 100% in NK's plant in Boothwyn, PA. Reliable transportation required.
Most training is on-the-job, additional formal training as appropriate.
Hourly Pay Rate
$45,000 to $55,000 annually depending upon prior experience and demonstrated skills. Annual bonus based on company and individual performance.
- Fully paid employee benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- Voluntary benefits include family medical, life insurance, critical care insurance, FSA dependent care and pet insurance.
- HSA with employer contribution.
- 401k with employer match to 5%.
- 9 paid holidays and flexible PTO.
- All benefits are subject to a benefit waiting period of approximately 90 days.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual’s age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected category.
The NK office is "dog friendly".