Kestrel Instruments Support & FAQ's
When should I recalibrate my humidity, wind (impeller), temperature, and/or pressure sensor?
- The humidity sensor can drift up to +/- 2% for every 24 months. (This is independent of whether or not the Kestrel is used on a regular basis)
- NK recommends calibrating every 2 years to stay within spec.
- The impeller drift is <1% after 100 hours use at 16 MPH(This is dependent on usage)
- NK recommends purchasing a new impeller every 2-3 years base on usage.
- The temperature sensor will have a negligible drift during the life of the product.
- The temperature sensor should NOT need recalibration.
- The pressure sensor will have a negligible drift during the life of the Kestrel.
- This sensor can be recalibrated in the field with a known reference source.
- Please Contact NK before adjusting the system barometric pressure.
Created by Tech Support
Was this article helpful ?