Kestrel 4600 Pro Heat Stress Tracker
Recording WBGT is a crucial step to ensuring heat safety.
This model is being discontinued and replaced with the Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker.
Kestrel 4600 Pro Heat Stress Tracker Overview
The Kestrel Heat Stress Trackers provide waterless WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe Temperature) measurement. Until now, most accurate WBGT measurement tools were large, cumbersome to use (requiring the transport of distilledwater along with the measurement unit) and/or expensive. Kestrel added a compact black globe thermometer to the already proven sensor suite of the Kestrel 4000 Weather & Environmental Meters, then built in advanced algorithms to calculate WBGT values within 2.18 deg C of the values obtained from a full-sized WBGT setup.
Learn more about heat stress.
The Kestrel 4600 Pro Heat Stress Tracker provides two vital functions in one unit:
- Determine appropriate exposure to heat stress conditions for occupations with heavy gear requirements, such as HAZMAT response and firefighting
- Utilize wind speed and direction for plume prediction and modeling.
Features of the 4600 Pro Heat Stress Tracker:
- Quick setup. No time-consuming setup required. Get accurate readings within minutes.
- User-settable warning zones. Set WBGT warning zone temperature ranges in accordance with state or school heat acclimatization regulations or OSHA-specific recommended guidelines.
- Data-logging. Store up to 2300 data points in its memory, record information to refer back to.
- Bluetooth. Transfer all of your environmental data wirelessly to a PC.
- Easy-to-use. Easily navigate through the screens to quickly access the appropriate information.
- Capture information on the spot. Capture information on hand without having the recording feature set up in advance.
- Drop-proof. The Kestrel undergoes a Procedure IV Transit Shock test, which consists of 20 drops from 5 ft., making it
extremely durable and rugged.
- Light-weight and portable. Handheld, weighing in at 4.5 ounces, the unit is portable and can easily fit into a pocket, gym bag or tool box.
- Cost to own is less expensive than renting. Save money by buying in the short and long term.
- Tripod-mountable. Conveniently record data with tripodmountable option.
Currently our Bluetooth Classic units are not MAC/Apple compatible.
Model and SKU:
- Kestrel 4600 Pro Heat Stress Tracker - Part # 0846B
**For Government Pricing, contact us at 800-784-4221**