Kestrel 4400 Heat Stress Tracker
Know exactly when heat, humidity, the sun angle and cloud cover create unsafe environmental conditions with accurate, waterless measurement of WBGT.
This model is being discontinued and replaced with the Kestrel 5400 Heat Stress Tracker
Kestrel 4400 Heat Stress Tracker Overview
The Kestrel Heat Stress Trackers provide waterless WBGT (Wet Bulb Globe Temperature) measurement.
Until now, most accurate WBGT measurement tools were large, cumbersome to use (requiring the transport of distilledwater along with the measurement unit) and/or expensive.
Kestrel added a compact black globe thermometer to the already proven sensor suite of the Kestrel 4000 Weather & Environmental Meters, then built in advanced algorithms to calculate WBGT values within 2.18 deg C of the values obtained from a full-sized WBGT setup.
Looking to stay compliant with your state's heat safety guidelines? The Kestrel 4400 can help. This product is used by many athletic trainers and coaches and it is recommended by my many organizations including the the Korey Stringer Institue and the Vermont Principal Associations Sports Medicine Advisory Committee.
The Kestrel 4400 is a user-friendly WBGT Meter
- Quick setup. No time-consuming setup required. Get accurate readings within minutes.
- User-settable warning zones. Set WBGT warning zone temperature ranges in accordance with state or school heat acclimatization regulations or OSHA-specific recommended guidelines.
- Data-logging. Store up to 2300 data points in its memory (model dependent), record information to refer back to.
- Easy-to-use. Easily navigate through the screens to quickly access the appropriate information.
- Capture information on the spot. Capture information on hand without having the recording feature set up in advance.
- Drop-proof. The Kestrel undergoes a Procedure IV Transit Shock test, which consists of 20 drops from 5 ft., making it
extremely durable and rugged.
- Light-weight and portable. Handheld, weighing in at 4.5 ounces, the unit is portable and can easily fit into a pocket, gym bag or tool box.
- Cost to own is less expensive than renting. Save money by buying in the short and long term.
- Tripod-mountable. Conveniently record data with tripod-mountable option.
Model and SKU:
- Kestrel 4400 - Part # 0844
NSN #: 6660-01-631-0330
**For Government Pricing, contact us at 800-784-4221**