Ambient Weather Network Outdoor Wi-Fi Weather Camera Overview
The Ambient Weather Network Wi-Fi Camera is an outdoor waterproof camera that captures detailed images of both current weather conditions as well as stunning time-lapse videos of the day’s events. This makes it perfect for those who want to document local weather conditions or simply enjoy taking beautiful photos of the sky.
The camera must be used with a KestrelMet Weather Station in order to connect to the Ambient Weather Network and utilize data overlay features. This is not a stand-alone device.
The Ambient Weather Network Wi-Fi Camera comes with a variety of features that make it perfect for capturing those one-of-a-kind weather moments. Some of these features include:
- 24-HR Timelapse Videos – Capture timelapse videos of sunrises, sunsets, cloud formations, and more!
- Wide-Angle Field of View – Don’t miss a thing with the camera’s 112-degree wide-angle field of view.
- Night Vision – With 30 infrared LEDs, the camera can capture clear images in the darkness, and the night vision distance is up to 66ft
- Image sharing – Share your images and timelapse videos with the Ambient Weather Network community so they can view them on the map.
- Waterproof and Durable – The camera is built to withstand the elements and is IP66 Waterproof
*This camera does not have live stream or video monitoring capabilities*
- Ultra HD 4MP (2304x1536) display resolution with 6X digital zoom at 20fps, wide field of view up to 112 degrees viewing angle
- IP66 Weatherproof & 66ft Night Vision: With 30 infrared LEDs, the camera can capture clear images in the darkness, and the night vision distance is up to 66ft
- System Requirements:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7,8,10; Mac OS 10.12
- Browser: Microsoft IE9 and above version, Edge; Mozilla Firefox; Google Chrome; Apple Safari.
- Storage: FTP
- Time lapse video for the last 24 hours
- Weather data overlays: temperature, wind speed and direction, pressure, (depending on image ratio; humidity and solar radiation)
- Power supply: DC 12V/ 1.0A (~25' of power cable included)
- Weight: <1 lb (375g)
AWN Enhanced Camera Subscription
Get more out of your AWN Camera with HD resolution and increased cloud storage capacity. You'll also benefit from instant access to detailed data analysis about your video feed and a host of other features – all designed to make your life easier and your video quality better.
Upgrade your resolution to stunning HD or Full HD for more vivid images, increase time-lapse refresh and sampling rates, and access increased 30 or 60-day storage space, so no sunset goes uncaptured. And get even more value from powerful data insights directly on your camera dashboard.
Enhanced Camera Subscription Tiers
4 times per day
6 times per day
8 times per day
How to Upgrade Your Subscription
Once you set up and connect your new AWN Weather Camera to your account, you will need to follow the steps below to upgrade your camera subscription:
- Login on the desktop version by visiting https://ambientweather.net, select the AWN logo in the top left corner to open the menu bar.
- Choose the "Devices" tab on the menu.
- Scroll to the device card that has the camera you want to upgrade.
- Select "View Details" next to the camera, which will open a window where you will see an "Upgrade" button.
- Select "Upgrade," and the subscription options will appear.
- Select "Upgrade" again under the tier you wish to upgrade to.
- You will be taken to a payment page, where you can enter your credit card information.
- Once payment has been confirmed, your camera will automatically upgrade to the new subscription level and be set to Auto-Renew. Also, depending on the color tier you choose and if your camera is public, the main map will now display either a silver or gold play icon.
How do I Manage my Subscription
To manage your subscription, click on your avatar image and scroll to the bottom of your account page. Locate the "Managed Subscriptions" section to view your active subscriptions and toggle on and off auto-renew.