Nielsen-Kellerman is seeking a Rowing Sales Associate
Job Title: Rowing Sales Associate
Position ID: N/A
Position Reports to: Sports Performance Sales Manager
Direct Reports: Individual Contributor
Work Location: Philadelphia Region / Mid Atlantic remote
Work Type: Full Time, Exempts
EEOC Code: 41-4012
To apply for this position or any other position offered, please complete the NK Careers Application Form.
Nielsen-Kellerman (NK) is known worldwide for its waterproof speed measurement, timing, and audio systems for competitive rowers and paddlers, used by virtually every school and club program throughout the world from novices to Olympic medal winners. NK's Kestrel Weather & Environmental Meters are portable weather instruments used by firefighters, military personnel, farmers, hikers, meteorologists, sports teams, and thousands of other people who need to know the conditions where they work or play. Our products ARE us - we design them, build them, sell them, and passionately stand behind them.
NK has been in business for over four decades and is still growing stronger. Working here offers excellent opportunities for personal and professional development as well as the fun and satisfaction of being part of a successful American business. NK is a Lean enterprise committed to American manufacturing and continuous improvement of our design, production, administrative, and sales processes.
NK's facility (manufacturing plant and offices) is located in Boothwyn, PA, about 30 minutes southwest of Philadelphia. NK's work environment is informal and high-energy (and dog-friendly), and our employees' quality of life is important to us. We truly live the meaning of that "Teamwork" rowing poster found on the walls of so many businesses. Come try out for our team (no erg testing required).
This position is responsible for the sale of the organization's sports performance products specifically in the Mid-Atlantic region and provides ongoing product support. This is "at-will" employment, salary and bonus compensation eligible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Travel to the boathouses to meet with coaches and rowing professionals and actively helps coaches evaluate their current and future equipment needs and promotes the appropriate products.
- Troubleshoots product problems within the NK team as needed and handles complaints effectively in the field, predominantly at the boathouses with coaches or at regattas.
- Becomes actively involved in a new sales orientation and training programs with coaches.
- Assists the sales / marketing teams plan and the execution of sales at regattas, exhibits, and tradeshows.
- Keeps informed of new products, services, competitive product / industry activity and other general information of interest to the rowing community.
- Participate in ongoing education and training conferences on selling and marketing products.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time and may change without notice.
- 25% travel to the NK office in Boothwyn, PA to collaborate with the teams.
- Ability to travel 75% domestically.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Business Acumen.
- Action oriented Results Driven.
- Organizational Skills.
- Self-confident yet have the ability to network and influence behaviors/actions including fellow employees and dealers through active listening, persuasion and diplomacy.
- Independent thinker with a strong sense of commitment to the company and enthusiastic about the Company to make a substantial contribution to its continued growth.
- Look for opportunities to enhance the sales / service product support processes.
- Effectively deals with ambiguity and holds self and others accountable.
- Maintains a focus on safety practices at all times
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for customers and other positions in the company.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
Ability to travel 75% of time predominately by vehicle on the East Coast, plus 25% in an office environment / equipment plus field events including but not limited to: sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available to work as a team during the "core" work hours of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Because of the extensive traveling, work hours are only applicable when in the office. On the road work hours will often be early am or evening to meet coaches’ schedules. Evening and weekend work is required as job duties demand, including weekend regattas.
This position requires up to 75% travel, overnights with advance notice. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Required Education and Experience
- Five years of rowing experience preferred either at the high school, collegiate or coaching level.
- Knowledge of NK brand rowing products.
- Two years of field sales experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced training in recent sales techniques preferred.
Our success is built on a team effort of combining the talents of many people who work together to design, manufacture and distribute consumer electronics for monitoring sports performance and environmental conditions. We recognize this and in return we strive to offer you an environment of personal satisfaction and professional growth.
NK Offers competitive life, disability, medical, dental, vision, 401k / Roth employer match and voluntary benefits including Voluntary life and Critical Care insurances for employee, spouse, child(ren), FSA Dependent care, and Pet Insurance. Also included are paid holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship. Security clearance is not required.
NK is an equal opportunity employer. NK conducts all employment-related activities in full compliance with all applicable Federal and State laws and without regard to an individual’s age, color, sex, disability, marital status, national origin, citizenship, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected category.
The NK office is "dog friendly"