Kestrel Ballistics 3rd Party Software and Applications
The Kestrel with Bluetooth® wireless data transfer series is capable of running on various software platforms. That means now there are more ways to use Kestrel Ballistics data to fit your needs
We are open and excited to work with you to either assist you in troubleshooting your connectivity issues OR get started on pairing the Kestrel wirelessly with your software.
If you are a software developer and would like to find out more about software integration with the Kestrel Bluetooth® low energy wireless data transfer series, please download our Kestrel Communications Protocol Application. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 447-1555 to request the necessary paperwork needed to obtain a copy of our Communications protocol.
Below is a list of our fully integrated software and app partners. Join the wireless weather data wave!
(Compatible with Kestrel 5000 Series and DROP)
Strelok PRO is a ballistic calculator that is compatible with the Kestrel DROP Wireless Data Logger . It can use G1, G7 and custom drag-functions and calculate trajectory without using ballistic coefficient.
Available on iTunes
- Select a reticle from the list (610 reticles) and see holdovers at any magnification.
- 1584 bullets database
- 1737 cartridges database
- Calculate spin drift, coriolis effect, gyroscopic stability factor and vertical deflection of crosswind.
- iPhone 6 internal barometer support
- Kestrel DROP Kestrel 5000 series support (Not compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G or any earlier iPAD or iPOD generation)
- Supports imperial and metric units.
- Density Altitude support
nVisti Companion PRO
(Compatible with Kestrel 4500 AB units with fw 4.93)
The nVisti Companion Pro (Android Only) is the perfect companion for your Kestrel 4500 Weather Meter with Applied Ballistics (K4500) or Kestrel Sportsman Weather Meter with BLUETOOTH. This app is NOT for usage with the K5700 Devices.
Available in the Google Play Store
- Single Target Engagement - Maximize the capability of your Applied Ballistics Kestrel by allowing it to directly measure the wind speed and direction and still easily view your shooting solution.
- Multi-Target Engagement - Prior to a stage, pre-compute all of your holds for the stage for up to 8 targets.
- Gun Profile Management - Upload, download, and manage all of your gun profiles. Full access to the Applied Ballistics G1, G7, and custom drag curve (Full AB model only - Not applicable to the Sportsman) library of bullets is available.
(Compatible with Kestrel 4000 Series ONLY)
This is for Level-2. There is also the more advanced Level-M (Military) version of this app which adds the ability to calculate an actual BC based on bullet drop, two velocities, or flight time. The ability to calculate bullet stability. Bullet spin drift is added to the computation, and the Coriolis effect (Earth's rotation) may be factored in.
Knight's Armament BulletFlight is a military-grade ballistic computer that provides quick solutions in the field. BulletFlight does not only output information in table format but rather dynamically gives you the solution you need now to make that shot. Current weather conditions including temperature, pressure, humidity, wind speed, and wind direction can be input, as well as angles to the target as measured by the built-in accelerometer. The app then provides highly detailed solutions out to 3000 meters. Your weapon profile includes your scope MOA/mRad per click, and hence when you provide a range to the target, the app will simply show how many clicks you need to change the scope by for that range and wind speed. Programs integrate with the Kestrel 4 Series units only.
Lex Talus Corporation
(Compatible with Kestrel 4000 Series ONLY)
The Field Firing Solutions software (FFS Delta series) has become the standard for real-time, long range ballistic solutions and support, computed on rugged hand-held devices for field use. The Delta IV-K software interfaces with the Kestrel 4000 BT series weather meters for on demand or continuous atmospheric and wind serial data which the software uses to automatically update its firing solutions.
Shooter is a highly accurate ballistics calculator for the Android mobile platform (v1.6 and higher). Shooter's primary goal is to provide accurate shot solutions quickly and easily when in the field. This is done by utilizing a proven-accurate and fast ballistics solver coupled with an advanced, intuitive user interface supporting features like firearm and ammunition profiles (so you never have to enter the same data twice) and options to use your device's hardware (GPS, Accelerometer, Compass) to help you input shot-data both quickly and accurately. Programs integrate with the Kestrel 4 Series units only.
Contact: Sean Kennedy, email@example.com
Ventus 1 from Downrange Systems
(Compatible with Kestrel 4000 Series ONLY)
The Ventus 1 application for Android allows users to receive data from the Downrange Systems Ventus-RT or a Bluetooth® low energy-enabled Kestrel device. Downrange Systems has strived to create a simplified user interface that should fit most users’ needs.
- Receive pertinent information on one simplified screen
- User selectable refresh rate
- User selectable data unit display (application converts units no matter the Kestrel weather meter settings)
- Wind compass on screen displays the wind flow direction (compass arrow points the direction the wind is blowing, numerical display data depicts direction the wind is coming from)
- Maintains last connected device in memory, allowing quick connection to Kestrel or Downrange Systems Ventus RT
- Supported Devices: Kestrel 4000 Series devices (must be Bluetooth capable if using without Ventus RT System) with firmware Iss 4.53 or later. Android Phone or Tablet 2.2 or later
- Programs integrate with the Kestrel 4 Series units only.
Contact: Ronnie Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sniper Calculator Pro
(Current Supported Models: K4000 and Kestrel 5000 Series)
This ballistic calculator was designed to be a tool for recreational long range shooters, army snipers, police snipers, law enforcement officers, hunters and others. It helps shooters calculate hold overs and scope settings necessary for accurate long range shots. A log of fired fired shots is kept to make Data On Previous Engagements (DOPE) available for a later review. Software is designed to operate on an Android platform in portrait orientation only.
External ballistics is the part of the science of ballistics that deals with the behavior of a non-powered projectile in flight. External ballistics deals with the behavior of the bullet after it exits the barrel and before it hits the target, so it lies between transitional ballistics and terminal ballistics.
- G1 - G7 drag calculation functions
- Full external elements used in calculations
- Spin drift and Coriolis effects calculation
- Truing - Integrated MIL dot calculator
- Separate click values for Elevation and Windage
- Integrated range estimate tool - Log Book (DOPE)
- Kestrel Bluetooth® low energy integration
- Works in metric or imperial units
- MILDOT USArmy, MILDOT USMC, NightForce MOA reticles
(compatible with Kestrel DROP only)
Mil-Dot Ballistics combines fast range estimation with a full featured ballistics calculator that’s simple to use. Real-time calculations provide instant range estimation and ballistics calculation to get you on target fast.
The simple interface allows for one handed operation and eliminates any need to manually type any measurements to range a target.
Complete, detailed user manual for iPhone and iPad available at www.rangetimesoftware.com
- Kestrel DROP wireless data logger integration automatically updates atmospheric conditions.
- 3DOF point mass ballistics engine
- 249 mil, MOA and IPHY reticle designs, including reticles from Carl Zeiss, Nightforce Optics, Kahles, Vixen Sport Optics, Premier Reticles, Primary Arms, Schmidt and Bender, SWFA, U.S. Optics, and Vortex Optics.
- Two modes of Range input: Calculate range from target size and sub tension - allows you to estimate range to targets at unknown distances and Direct range input for known distance targets
- Real-time solution information
- Extensive bullet / cartridge library includes American Eagle, Barnes, Black Hills, Federal Fiocchi, Fusion, Hornady, Lapua, Norma, Nosler, Remington, Sellier & Bellow, and Winchester.
- Support for variable BC information
- Ballistics chart (Range, Elevation, Windage, Velocity, Time Of Flight, Energy)
- Ballistics graph (Elevation, Velocity, Energy)
- Reticle Drop Chart
- Adjusts for atmospheric conditions for current and zero conditions (Density Altitude or Altitude, Pressure, Temperature and Humidity)
- Get accurate local pressure using the barometer in iPhone 6 / 6 Plus
- Use GPS location to set current atmospheric conditions
- Fast range estimation
- Moving target lead calculation
- Correction for coriolis effect
- Correction for spin drift
- Optimum point blank zero calculation
- Point blank range calculation
- Configurable windage / elevation hold display (mils, MOA, IPHY, clicks)
- Target size presets
- Second focal plane scope support
- Fast windspeed / direction adjustment
- Three ways to input line of sight angle (Angle in degrees, Cosine of angle, Automatic using device accelerometer)
- Fast target speed adjustment
- Target speed presets
- Training mode (practice your range estimation skills)
- Point of impact indicator
- Bullet drop compensation display
- Secondary solution info display for non-critical data
- Create unlimited ballistics profiles
- Multiple color schemes
- Adjustable display brightness
- Full Retina display support
- Print range cards
- More reticle designs coming soon, stay tuned!
Ballistic: Advanced Edition
(compatible with Kestrel 5000 Series and DROP)
Ballistic is a highly-accurate ballistic calculator and range companion. With its advanced capabilities, Ballistic can calculate for atmospheric conditions, Coriolis effect, gyroscopic spin, and more. It's also much more. With a vast library of nearly 5,000 projectiles and factory loads, rangefinder, range log, and head-up display, Ballistic is a complete mobile companion for hunting or at the range.
TBallistic's world renowned JBM ballistics engine delivers the gold standard in calculations that other applications compare themselves to.
Advanced Edition Features:
- NEW: iPhone 6 internal barometer supported
- NEW: Kestrel K5 LiNK / Drop integration (in-app purchase)
- An advanced head-up display for mounted operation
- Advanced wind kit configurable for up to 8 wind sources
- Bryan Litz' custom G7 ballistic coefficients
- 3D Trajectory imaging for visualizing bullet path
- Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display
- World renowned JBM ballistics engine for the most precise, accurate calculations in the industry.
- Load Library: Nearly 5,000 commercial and military projectiles and factory loads from leading manufacturers or specify your own projectile properties. Includes latest commercial data and military coefficients established at Aberdeen Proving Grounds. Also includes Bryan Litz' advanced G7 ballistic coefficients and bullet lengths.
- iCloud Sync: Sync your favorites, optics profiles & range log to all of your other devices
- One-Touch Atmospheric Correction: Instantly adjust your calculations for zero or current atmosphere. Weather updated based on your current location (from a weather service), or enter your own atmospheric values.
- Advanced Wind Kit: Powerful tool enabling you to create complex wind configurations for up to eight different wind sources!
- Variable (Stepped) BCs: Includes many popular commercial projectiles from select manufacturers, for more precise calculations.
- Ballistic Charts: Display a chart of the current projectile including drop, energy, and velocity. Compare wind drift. Compare up to eight projectiles on the same chart. Zoom charts up to 300% and save a full size chart to your photo album.
- HUD: Full featured Mil-Dot ballistics head-up display; estimate using on-screen Mil-dot reticle, and see milling holdovers, with easy on-screen adjustment.
- Target Log: Keep a journal of all your hunts, shoots, adjustments, points of impact, and scores. Includes group calculator, integrated score log, multiple target types, and camera and GPS support. Generate cold barrel and scoring reports for each rifle.
- Angular Acquisition: Aim the device at the target like a remote control, or mount on your weapon to receive real-time angular correction.
- Adjustable Units: Elevation and windage output units in inches, centimeters, arcminutes, milliradians, and click values ranging from full click to 1/8 click (or custom click values).
- Calculate your own ballistic coefficients based on two chronograph measurements, or data from the back of an ammo box.